By Steve Elliott
Connecticut on Thursday awarded licenses for six medical marijuana dispensaries, chosen from 27 applications, and said that the dispensaries will be up and running by summer.
The state licensed dispensaries in Branford, Bridgeport, Bristol, Hartford, Montville and South Windsor, reports William Weir at the Hartford Courant.
Two of the dispensary owners on Thursday said that their opening dates will depend mainly upon when Connecticut's four licensed medicinal cannabis growers will have marijuana ready for sale.
The six businesses are:
• Arrow Alternative Care Inc., 92 Weston St., Hartford
• Bluepoint Apothecary LLC, 469 E. Main St., Branford
• D&B Wellness LLC, 2181 Main St., Bridgeport
• Prime Wellness of Connecticut LLC, 75 John Fitch Boulevard, South Windsor
• Thames Valley Apothecary LLC, 1100 Norwich-New London Turnpike (Route 32), Uncasville section, Montville
• The Healing Corner Inc., 159 E. Main St., Bristol
Prime Wellness in South Windsor should have products on the shelf and ready to sell by "late summer," according to CEO Thomas Nicholas, a former registered nurse who worked in Hartford Hospital operating rooms, then became a medical supplies salesman in the 1980s and went on to operate five dialysis centers.